This recipe is for my delicious Zesty Blueberry Salad Dressing. It is a great addition to your salad by giving you some sweetness and zing and best of all, you can do it without the empty calories that oil brings because this is an oil-free recipe! It is important to have some fat in your salad dressing because it helps the body absorb all the vitamins and nutrients that are in the salad you are eating – but you don’t need oil to get that extra fat. The walnuts provide that for you – a whole food with healthy fat to aid in the absorption of the vitamins and nutrients from your salad! Enjoy!!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
servings (2 TBSP)
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup walnuts or other favorite healthy nut (i.e. almonds or pecans)
- 1-2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar pomegranate infused
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until the dressing has reached the consistency you prefer. About 1 minute.
- If you prefer a thinner salad dressing, you can add a little more water. With the nuts included, the dressing will get thicker over time and may require you to add some additional water. Shake well before each use.
- This salad dressing is made with fresh ingredients without any preservatives - so it will last for about a week in the refrigerator - discard if you have not finished by then.
Watch the video:
Leave a Reply