This cornbread is extremely easy to make and the payoff is huge – yes, you really can have vegan cornbread that you look forward to eating, whether it is with another dish or all by its delectable self!!
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
- 6 TBSP unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 6 TBSP vegan butter I prefer Earth Balance Soy Free
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly oil a 9 inch pan, square or round pan will work
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (cornmeal, flour, baking powder & salt)
- In a small bowl, use the microwave to melt the vegan butter. Be careful not to overheat the butter or it will begin to break down - 15-20 seconds should be more than enough to melt the vegan butter.
- In the large bowl that contains the dry ingredients, mix in the wet ingredients (melted vegan butter, applesauce, almond milk) being careful not to over-mix. Stir until just combined. Don't worry about any lumps as they will cook out.
- Pour the mix into the pan you oiled. Bake for 26-28 minutes - You can use a toothpick to check for doneness - if it comes out "clean" after inserting in the middle of the cornbread, you are ready to take it out of the oven.
TIP - if you desire a little more brown on top, you can put your oven on broil after completely cooking the cornbread - but only do this for 2 - 3 minutes and watch it closely. Cornbread can turn from delightful to burned very quickly!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply