B O R E D O M….that’s the only explanation I have for this recipe. I was having one of those days when I was hungry, but nothing I could think of cooking sounded appealing to me. That’s when I hit the aisles at Publix to see if I could get any inspiration. I lucked out and found a bag of sprouted lentils that I had never tried. I can’t get enough of lentils and love trying all different kinds of lentil soup. I knew I could saute’ some veggies to go into the soup, and I had been wanting to try the Kirkland’s salt free seasoning I bought on Amazon, and this seemed like the perfect recipe to test my new spice blend. I took my purchase home, whipped up this recipe, and was surprised that I liked it without even having to tweak it! I hope you’ll love it as much as I do, and I won’t mind one bit if you do have to tweak it a bit according to your taste buds.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 Package Sprouted Lentil Trio TruRoots Brand (Amazon and other local grocery stores)
- 1 cup Onions chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 2 32 oz box vegetable broth organic if you can find it
- 1 15 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 TBS Salt-free Seasoning Kirkland's Brand (Amazon)
- Pour about ½ cup of broth into Instant Pot. Set it on the saute’ setting.
- Saute’ onions, carrots, and celery in the broth for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth, water, tomatoes, lentils, and Kirkland’s seasoning.
- Change setting to High Pressure, and cook 60 minutes.
Leave a Reply