It’s important to have a BIG salad every single day, but salads needn’t be ordinary, boring, or time consuming with tons of peeling and chopping. This salad is perfect for busy people because most of the work has already been done for you. People constantly use the excuse that they’re too busy to eat a healthy diet. Excuses be gone! This healthy salad has ingredients we’re all familiar with and can put together in just a few minutes. It’s one of my favorite salads that I look forward to eating. Kick the drive-thru habit, and hop on the healthy salad train!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- bag Southwest Chopped Salad Mix (from Wal-Mart or your favorite grocery store)
- 1 can black beans drained and divided into two portions
- 1/2 Avocado ripe and chopped into chunks and divided into two portions
- 6-8 TBS salsa 3-4 TBS for each serving, use your favorite kind
- lime juice (optional)
- Open the bag and discard the cheese packet, the dressing packet, but keep the packet of tortilla strips (if you want to use them - I can't resist the crunch these bring to the salad!)
- Divide salad equally into two bowls. If you’re saving one bowl for another day instead of splitting between two people now, put the rest of the ingredients in separate small bowls to be added to your salad later.
- Place ½ can of black beans in a microwave safe dish and warm for about 30 seconds in the microwave. (If you do not want warm beans for your salad, you can skip this step)
- Mix the beans into your salad, along with the chopped avocado, salsa, and tortilla strips.
- TIP: If saving the rest of the avocado for later, make sure you squeeze some lime juice on it to keep it from turning brown.
You can watch my video on the Southwest Chopped Salad here:
Leave a Reply