This oil free pesto is quickly becoming my favorite sandwich spread! Not only is it delicious, it only has 6 simple ingredients that most of us already have in our kitchen, so you can whip it up in a flash. I’ve replaced the traditional pine nuts in this recipe with lightly salted almonds, which have a milder flavor, and the spinach and garlic add flavor as well as nutrients to this pesto. Though I like the flavor of these three ingredients, it’s the basil that steals the show! From the first bite to the last, it will have you saying, “Wow, this is so good!” I hope you like it as much as I do.
Watch the Video here:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz spinach
- 2-3 cloves garlic Use 3 cloves if you like a stronger garlic flavor
- 1/2 cup almonds lightly salted
- 1 TBSP lightly dried basil You can use 1/2 oz of fresh basil if you can't find the dried basil
- 1/6 cup vegetable broth Use enough to reach the consistency you desire
- Place first four ingredients in a food processor and pulse 5-6 times on medium.
- Remove lid, scrape mixture from the sides, add basil, then replace lid.
- Turn setting to high and start to blend. Slowly pour in the vegetable broth and mix until you get the consistency you like. You will probably have to stop at least one more time and scrape down the sides before you have poured all the broth in.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container and stir before using.
Watch the video here: http://bit.ly/2FFWwQX
Leave a Reply