The bok choy’s leafy greens & crunchy stalks add nice texture to this satisfying Asian inspired dish. You will be surprised at how much you like the pickled radish 🙂
This aromatic, Asian-inspired healthy vegan dish is now a family staple. My simple version of a vegan vegetable stir fry is so delicious, you will undoubtedly add it to your dinner rotation. It is a healthy vegan rice recipe with a complex flavor profile. The peanuts and radishes bring a delightful crunch! The bok choy's leafy greens & crisp stalks add nice texture to this satisfying dish. You will be surprised at how much you like the pickled radish - their bright color and tangy flavor add an unexpected zing!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1.5 cups Brown Rice (dry)
- 2 bunches bok choy
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 oz mushrooms (white, button)
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 4 TBSP soy sauce (low sodium) Use Tamari if you prefer
- 2 oz peanuts (lightly salted)
- 3 TBSP vegetable broth
- 6 radishes
- In a medium pan, cook brown rice per directions on package
- Wash and dry all vegetables.
- Separate bok choy leaves from their stems. Slice the stems into thin pieces.
- Thinly slice radishes.
- Cut mushrooms into quarters
- Mince garlic.
- In a small bowl, pickle radishes by combining them with the vinegar and a pinch of salt for at least 15 minutes
- Heat 3 TBSP of vegetable broth in a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 1-2 minutes. (Don't allow garlic to scorch or you will have to start over) Add mushrooms and cook, tossing, until softened and slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy stems and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add bok choy leaves, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss to coat entire mixture. Cook until bok choy leaves are just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the rice into 4 portions. Top with mushroom and bok choy mixture. Garnish with pickled radishes and peanuts (you can chop the peanuts into pieces if you prefer)
Watch my Asian Veggie Bowl video here:
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply