Ahhhhh, potatoes! The ULTIMATE comfort food, am I right? Whether baked, steamed, mashed, or fried, potatoes satisfy the palate like no other veggie can. Why, then, do so many people spurn the spud when trying to adopt a healthier diet? It’s because most people don’t realize potatoes are not bad; it’s the company they usually keep: oil, cheese, sour cream, and bacon. Potatoes have vitamin C, fiber, potassium, Vitamin B6 and contain compounds known as kukoamines which help lower blood pressure. In this recipe, I’ve ditched the ruinous rascals that would take our precious potato to the dark side and paired it with healthier options to boost its potential! The crunchy almond crust gives you healthy fat, and mixed with a few spices, tastes so good with potatoes.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 6 red potatoes small - med
- 1/2 cup almonds lightly salted & roasted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Wash potatoes and cut each one into 8 wedges
- Steam potatoes for 10 minutes to soften
- While potatoes are steaming, place the remaining ingredients in small food processor and blend for 15-20 seconds - you want a crumbly texture, not too fine
- Place the almond mixture in a large bowl
- After potatoes finish steaming, dump them into the bowl with almond mixture to coat the potatoes
- Place potatoes on either a pan with a silicon mat or one that has been lightly sprayed to keep potatoes from sticking. You can also use parchment paper if you prefer that option.
- Cook 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown. ENJOY!
Watch the video here:
Rick Clark says
Sounds great!! I’m going to try this right away!!