There used to be one of those chain smoothie joints near my house that had a smoothie I REEEEALLY liked. At first I was under the impression that they used only real fruit, but I was wrong. When I found this out, I didn’t go back, and I set out to come up with my own version of my favorite smoothie. I finally came up with this recipe. It’s not nearly as sweet as the one I got from the smoothie place because my homemade version has only fruit and a very small amount of fruit juice concentrate which is just the way I like it. I don’t want honey, syrup, or turbinado sugar in my smoothie! I only add 1 TBS grape juice concentrate and 1 small banana, but you can up that a bit if you or your family likes it a bit sweeter. This is not only my favorite, but my children love it as well. They will drink this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and be totally satisfied. From my family to yours, ENJOY!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful spinach Be generous
- 1 TBS flax seeds Finely ground (Hemp seeds or nuts are a nice alternative)
- 1 TBS frozen grape juice concentrate Make sure it 100% fruit juice. Use less if you desire a less sweet smoothie
- 1 frozen banana Use 1/2 of a banana if you desire a less sweet smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen fruit mix Use a "heaping" cup. I use the Great Value mix with strawberries, mango, pineapple and peaches
- Place ingredients in the blender in the order listed with care to put the unfrozen items in first.
- Start the blender on a low speed and progress higher until the fruits are fully blended and smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
Watch my video for this recipe here:
Leave a Reply