I giggle every time I make this sandwich. You may think it’s named for me, but it’s actually named for my niece, Lori, because of a conversation we had at a Subway restaurant a few years back. I ordered a “Veggie Delight” sandwich that day. As we were eating, she looked at me and said, “Aunt Lori, you do realize you’re just eating vegetables on bread, right?” I had to laugh out loud, and I still think of her every time I eat vegetables on bread. Like my niece, some people can’t wrap their heads around the idea of a sandwich without meat and cheese, but this sandwich is yummy proof that you don’t need them to make a phenomenal sandwich. The smoky flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes and the creaminess of the avocados play so well together.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||2 minutes|
- 2 slices bread Use your favorite (I use Ezekiel Flax)
- 1 tsp vegan butter spread Optional
- 2-3 tsp oil free pesto See the link below for the recipe
- 1/8 cup sun dried tomatoes I like the smoked variety
- 3-4 slices Avocado
- Heat your panini grill. If using butter spread, smear it on the outside of each piece of bread. I use it sometimes, sometimes I don’t. It tastes great either way.
- Spread the pesto on one of the slices of bread. Then put the avocado slices and sundried tomatoes on top of the pesto.
- Place the other piece of bread on top of the first.
- Place sandwich on grill for 1 – 1 ½ minutes.
Click HERE for my Oil Free Pesto Recipe
Watch my video to see how to make this sandwich:
Leave a Reply