Pop Quiz! Let’s see how many of the following numbers you know.
- What is a healthy blood pressure? To see if you answered correctly, click here: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/KnowYourNumbers/Understanding-Blood-Pressure-Readings_UCM_301764_Article.jsp#.WwIKJdPwYdU
- What does your blood pressure normally run?
- What is a healthy blood sugar? To see if you answered correctly, click here: http://www.joslin.org/info/Goals-for-Blood-Glucose-Control.html
- What was your blood sugar at your last physical?
- What is a healthy cholesterol level? To see if you answered correctly, click here: https://medlineplus.gov/cholesterollevelswhatyouneedtoknow.html
- What was your last cholesterol reading?
How’d you do on the quiz? Hopefully, you knew the healthy ranges for these measures. Better yet, I hope your lab results were in the healthy ranges. If not, there’s always hope you can improve those numbers as long as you’re willing to take responsibility for your health by improving your diet, exercising regularly, and taking measures to reduce stress. If it’s been a few years since you’ve gotten a physical and you don’t know your numbers, I encourage you to make an appointost_tag]=eat fruits and vegetables, get plenty of rest, know the numbers
Leave a Reply